Pentland Inspirations Art & Photographic Competition
Published: Monday, 18 June 2012
Winners announced for Pentland Inspirations Art & Photographic Competition 2012
The ceremony for the fifth Pentland Inspirations Art and Photographic Competition was held on Tuesday 20th November at the City Chambers in Edinburgh. The ceremony was very well attended, with awards being announced by Chair of the Pentland Hills Regional Park Cll Henderson and Parks and Greenspace Manager David Jamieson.
The winners for the competition are as follows:
- Art - Brian Petch with 'The View'
- Landscape - Stuart Davidson with 'Fairy Woods'
- Activity - Mike Clarke with 'Let me out! (taking during shearing season)'
- Biodiversity: Plants and Animals - Susan Napier with ' These Sunday walks are toadally tiring'
The judges found it very difficlut to choose just one commended image for each category:
- Susan Napier with 'Harlaw Misty morning sunrise'
- Art Ager with 'White Hill - Black Sheep'
- Matthew Shaw with 'Climbing Paties Hill, Carlops'
- Activity - Tor Sodergren with 'Tight Lines'
- Wendy Sodergren with 'A Hive of Activity'
- Tor Sodergren with 'Tight Lines'
Charlie Ramsay with 'Carnethy 5 Hill Race'
Biodiversity: Plants & Animals -
Monica Shaw with 'Mossy nose'
The entries have formed an inspiring exhibition which is now on tour in venues across Edinburgh, the Lothians and South Lanarkshire from November until April. Details of venues can be found in the autumn/winter issue of the Pentland Beacon (38).