The Regional Park covers an area of 10,000 hectares, with over 100km (62 miles) of waymarked paths. Approximately 600,000 people use in the park every year, with walking, cycling, horse riding and fishing just a few of the recreational activities.
We carry out many projects to increase the visitor’s enjoyment of the Park. These include:
- path construction and maintenance
- signage and waymarking
- installation of access gates
- habitat improvements for wildlife
- improvement of facilities at visitor centres and other popular sites
You can help by contributing towards these projects. All funds raised are used only for new ‘added value’ projects on the ground, and not for the day-to-day running of the Service.
- Blacksprings path upgrade (2019)
- Replacement of gate at Castlelaw (2018)
- Replacement of Daisy Dell bridge (2016)
- Upgrading of steps leading into Bonaly Country Park from Torduff Reservoir (2012)
- A new recycled plastic seat for the Flotterstone Glen (2011)
- 500 copies of 500 copies of the 'Horse Riding in the Pentland Hills Regional Park' leaflet (2010)
How to donate
- if using a car park, use the RingGo app - donate £2 (code 12558), £5 (12562) or £10 (12563) or call RingGo on 0131 516 4000
- complete a donation scheme form and email it to the Regional Park Headquarters.