Harlaw House visitor centre
HARLAW HOUSE IS CURRENTLY CLOSED - there are plans to utilise the building for our new Ranger Service. Portacabin toilets are located outside the building as the interior toilet is not functioning.
Harlaw House visitor centre is located next to Harlaw Reservoir on the western side of the Regional Park, accessible through the villages of Currie and Balerno.
Facilities (whilst closed):
- car park (200m)
- toilet (portacabins outside)
- wheelchair-accessible route around Harlaw Reservoir
- displays and information about the Regional Park
- leaflets that will help you enjoy the Regional Park
- wildlife garden adjacent to garden with picnic tables, pond and examples of good practice for creating your own wildlife garden
If accessing Harlaw by bus, you can walk from Balerno top bus terminal, through Malleny Mills, and up Harlaw Road to the sharp bend. Go straight ahead on the rough path here, up what is known as Fairy Glen. This takes you directly to the visitor centre. See map above.