Harlaw House visitor centre
Harlaw House visitor centre is located next to Harlaw Reservoir on the western side of the Regional Park, accessible through the villages of Currie and Balerno.
Opening Hours: 10.30am - 3.30pm, every day except Christmas and New Year.
- car park
- 24-hr accessible toilet (this may close some nights for security reasons)
- wheelchair-accessible route around Harlaw Reservoir
- displays and information about the Regional Park
- leaflets that will help you enjoy the Regional Park
- wildlife camera
- activities for children
- wildlife garden adjacent to garden with picnic tables, pond and examples of good practice for creating your own wildlife garden
- accessible to wheelchair users - Harlaw House visitor centre is about 200 metres from the car park.
If accessing Harlaw by bus, you can walk from Balerno top bus terminal, through Malleny Mills, and up Harlaw Road to the sharp bend. Go straight ahead on the rough path here, up what is known as Fairy Glen. This takes you directly to the visitor centre. See map above.